Friday, April 10, 2009

April 8, Day-Before-Yesterday
Well, Spring started today! Nice sunny weather. Jiffy and I went to Paducah, KENTUCKY, then turned west and traveled through the Land Between the Lakes to reach two bridges over the Mississippi River. All along the way, I noticed that many trees were broken off, and huge brush piles were along the road. At first I thought it must have been a tornado, but it went for miles and miles, as far as I could see. Then I remembered that when I was traveling with Kim a couple weeks ago we saw something similar and she told me it was because of the ice storm a couple months ago.
We had to travel without the aid of Peggy Sue, (the name I gave my bossy GPS system, so I won't be so tempted to swear at it). She doesn't like Highway names as addresses, and that is all I had for the hotel in Branson. So I had to do the navigating the old fashioned way, with maps and advice from service station people. I think I may have learned a different way to program her, that won't require the specific address. Every thing has a learning curve, right?
I went to see the Chinese Acrobats this evening. This is the only entertainment I scheduled in advance for the trip. I was very colorful and incredible. I have been praying that the Lord would make me flexible, but I decided I don't want to be THAT flexible! Those people are so slender, but so strong, it is unbelievable how beautifully they move and bend their bodies. Even the women are so strong they can hold up another woman on one hand at arms length for 2 to 3 minutes, enough for the held woman to do a balancing routine. And they all have nearly perfect synchonization. I wonder how long each day they have to practice.
I couldn't get the laptop to hookup to the wifi at the hotel, and was too tired to concentrate, so did not send the blog.

1 comment:

  1. Chinese Acrobats - how lovely Jean! We saw the one in Dollywood but it was just a drop in a bucket to the real thing. Travel on my dear one - I love you!

    ReplyDelete