Thursday, April 16, 2009

On the move again!

I left Matt and Anastasia this morning. Please continue to uphold in prayer Anastasia's health needs and Matt's need to quickly find a suitable job. As usual when I leave after a good visit with one of my kids, I cried for a few miles. It is so good to be sharing time, thoughts, and prayers with loved ones, and so hard to separate again.
Jiffy and I arrived in San Angelo about 3:30 this afternoon. I checked in to the motel, then we went to a city park so Jiffy could stretch his legs and work off some of his amazing energy. While there, we encountered another adventure. I admired the lily pad collection and sniffed many of the hundreds of roses in their rose garden, and we started back up a path toward the car. Jiffy was ahead of me on the leash, and I topped the crest of the trail just in time to see him dart into a patch of cactus! He had a bunch of the spines stuck into his face. I pulled out most of them right then, but there were three of them close to his left eye. I finally got two of those, but the last one was almost to the edge of his eyelid, and he flinched when I barely touched it. So I knew I had to get back to the motel quickly to get my tweezers. He was in pain from it.
I was in such a hurry, I didn't notice that I'd dropped my cell phone in all that effort and excitement. I did get the final spine out, and then took us out to find some fast food to help both of us feel better. I didn't notice until I was paying for the chicken that I didn't have my cell phone, but hoped I left it in the motel when I got the tweezers. As soon as I opened the door to the room there, the phone was ringing. It was the front desk, who told me that my son Matt and two of my friends had called to leave a message with the number of someone who had found my phone! Her name is Jennifer. I called her, and she brought my cell phone back to me in just a few minutes. She said that she usually wouldn't even have been in that park, but she had her grandchildren with her and they asked what that place was. She told them they had some very unusual water plants there, and decided to stop right then and show the children the park. That's how she found the phone.
As amazing as this all is, it isn't quite the end of the story. After giving her a token of my appreciation, I told her that she had been a real blessing to me. She asked, "Would you do something for me also? Would you pray for me that I get the job I interviewed for this afternoon at the hospital? I'm out of work and have 6 kids, but I have the qualifications for this job." I said , "Of course. Would you like to pray right now?"
So isn't it amazing that God allowed me the embarrassment of losing my phone in order to give me the divine appointment with Jennifer? You all please pray for her too.

3 comments:

  1. Jean, Mary called to tell me of your cell phone plight because when she called your phone, Jennifer answered. THEN, Albert was at the Barter Theatre and Jennifer called him hoping he knew how to contact you. Finally, she reached your son, so PRAISE THE LORD! We were praying your cell phone would find its way back to you. Thank God for HIS scheduled divine appointments. I will pray!Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divine appointments - seems I remember we prayed specifically for those! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be praying for Jennifer too! Keep looking out for more of God's appointments :)
    Is Jiffy doing any better?

    ReplyDelete