Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hi, friends! My "journey through springtime" began as a journey through snowstorms! Ice and snow covered my car this morning as I finished stuffing things inside it. The The weather was odd as I drove along--dark grey clouds with snow swirling around the car like we were in a gigantic glass snow scene, then 10 miles later there was blue sky with fluffy white clouds and sunshine. It went back and forth like that all the way to Clarksville, TN, where Jiffy and I are staying tonight. Jiffy loves riding, but he is pretty nervous about the sounds of people passing our doorway outside the motel. There was one unusual thing that happened, today. I took Jiffy across an empty parking lot to the grass verge on the other side, and when we came back, I noticed a jacket lying in the parking lot. I looked around to see if anyone was walking around there, but there was no one. The jacket is real leather, dark brown, and it looks expensive. The only thing wrong with my "finders keepers" is that it smells like tobacco smoke. Nothing in the pockets, so I regard it as a gift. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad your first day on the road was a safe one considering the weather. Plus you picked up a bonus jacket :) Sounds like a profitable day to me. Hope you have many more like it, you could come home with a completely different wardrobe! LoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fun trip! Jiffy must be a canine companion, I take it? Nice road treasure! Maybe Jiffy can sleep on it for a few days and absorb the tobacco odor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first day was interesting! Prayed for you and will continue until you come home. As for the jacket, I hope it doesn't stink up your car - tie it to the top!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Jean. Glad to hear you've started your trip. I thought about you last week. I had to go to souther Washington for an inspection and decided that since I was so close, I would go to Oregon. I purchased a magnet and walked on Oregon soil, so I can cross off another state!!!! Travel safe. I'll probably be back in TN when you arrive here, but I'll be sure to read your blogs. God Bless

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete