Friday, April 10, 2009

April 9 Yesterday
This morning's weather was rainy. Peggy Sue was back on board, Jiffy was ready for the trip, (he is ALWAYS ready to ride again) and I am a little sore from driving, but not as bad as I thought I would be. I finished making the hat for the doll that is my gift to Anastasia, Matt's wife, this morning before I left Branson.
We went into OKLAHOMA about midmorning. Then Peggy Sue and the AAA triptics had a difference of opinion about which route I should take. I finally decided to trust Peggy, and, although it wasn't an interstate, it was a very good limited access highway, and cut off a great many miles. The other bonus is that it was not nearly as crowded as the interstate was. I began to get sleepy in the afternoon, so pulled off to a gravel lot next to a service station and slept for about 40 minutes. As I was leaving, I noticed a sign on a telephone pole that said, "Space for Rent, $5 per day". So I guess I rooked them out of forty minutes worth of rent.
We entered TEXAS in the afternoon, and arrived at Matt and Anastasia's house around a quarter to 7. They live in a mansion in Plano. I have never stayed in such a large and luxurious private home. I was too tired, and we talked until too late, to post a blog tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jean! We miss U 2!
    I have no idea what you mean by hi-brow discussions (???) - since all I remember is your wise and learned consideration ... along with 20 years worth of reflection and story-telling. In all, we had a deeply spiritual and hope-inspiring visit ... and cant wait for your next visit! It was a blessing as well, that I am on permanent vacation so-to-speak. Hopefully by your next visit, we will have smoothed-out a few of these battles, and I will be able to turn off the early-warning systems, put away the guns, and settle down in a nice little cottage Beyond Spring Gate ... far far away from here.
    God bless you and keep you on your travels ... and may the miracles continue to litter your path, before and after you.
    Luv, M&A

    PS: Jean is being too-kind in her lavish description of our home. Its a bit bigger than the 80qm flat Anastasia was trapped in since 2004 ... but its still a very very very small world ... since she cant go anywhere. We cant help but feel that this Thomas Kinkade home is a blessing ... and that somehow - justice will be served, healing will be found, and the walls will come down.

    ReplyDelete