Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 11, Monday

This was a travel day, with a mixture of alternating rain and sun. I-90 enters Idaho only a few miles from Spokane and climbs into the Rockies with a series of passes, each seemingly higher than the last. The highway ran beside a rather large river which we crossed and recrossed several times. The only name I saw was Clark Fork, I don't know if this is a fork of a larger river, but I have never heard that name before. I know the Rockies are called that for a reason, but I was expecting more of the great exposed outcroppings of bedrock that I have been encountering. Here, though, there are HUGE rounded boulders, that look like magnified river rocks. I expect that might have been because of the ancient glaciers?

Dennis called and said he found an on-line record of the twins in The Pines cemetary, but will have to go out there again to find the actual markers. He also found a record of our Great-grandmother, Sarah Jane Lucy Ellen Mannin Bryant, who was born in the 1850's I think he said, and died in 1942. That must have been a hard year for Grandma Berry, because that was the year my Mom also married and left home. She must have had Empty Nest feelings so strongly. I'm grateful for the talent and energy Dennis has in searching out our lineage.

1 comment:

  1. I would so enjoy letting you know of anything I have discovered concerning the Bryants. I would like to have anything Dennis has learned.
    Sarah Jane MANNIN (30 Sep 1853 - 24 Jan 1942)
    • BIRTH: 30 Sep 1853, Carter C0., KY
    • DEATH: 24 Jan 1942, Medical Lake, Spokane, Washington
    • BURIAL: Green Acres, Spokane, Washington

    ReplyDelete