Thursday, May 14, 2009

Travel day

May 12, Tuesday

We woke up to sunshine today in Cody, Wyoming. Our motel was close to the Western Museum and to the Big Horn Sheep Presevation Center, both of them with metal scuptures, which I caught on the camera. It is sunny, but the wind is blowing with a fierce knife edge. The route Peggy Sue (my GPS) planned for us went up, up, up a snow covered mountain. The roads were good, but at the top the wind was blowing across fields of snow and creating snow storms. I tried to get pictures of that, but wind things are elusive, so I don't know if I caught it. It reminded me of the Holy Spirit, so powerful and impossibly beautiful and hard to describe!

I was feeling sorry for the people of Wyoming and So. Dakota that they have to endure this wind all the time, but I think it was especially strong today. When I stopped for gas, the sign for the gas station blew off and went skittering down the road.

When we arrived at our overnight place in Rapid City, I took Jiffy for a walk. As we were crossing the pavement, he became airbourne for a couple seconds, and I had a dog kite! He sure looked astonished when he landed.

Tomorrow we see Mt. Rushmore and Chief Crazy Horse, and then head south, hopefully back into springtime.

1 comment:

  1. Jiffy airborne - hmmm . . . . I wish you had caught that on camera! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete