Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Travel through OK

Monday, May 18

All the tables were occupied when I went to eat the free breakfast at the motel in Amarillo this morning. A middle aged man invited me to share his table. As we struck up a conversation, he told me that he and a friend were using their vacation time to be storm searchers, but the weather was too good. I told him that it is probably my fault, because I have been praying that I don't encounter any tornadoes as I cross these plains.

I drove the entire width of Oklahoma today. The worst part was seeing a semi truck hit a great blue heron. The best part was seeing Lake Eufala.

The crowning point came after I registered to stay in Fort Smith Arkansas. I tried again to call the number I found on People Search for my father's sister, my Aunt Dean. She answered! I am going to go see her in the morning. She lives in the Hot Springs National Park. The Lord God who has kept me safe from tornadoes is also giving me my heart's desires on this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment